Suspect in Conroe man's shooting death arrested
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A suspect wanted in the fatal shooting of a man in Conroe is in police custody.
Noel Cristino Solis, was arrested without incident in the Bellaire area at around 2pm Monday with the assistance of the Houston Police Department. Solis has been returned to Conroe.
It was around 5:10am Sunday that Conroe police were dispatched to a report of gunfire in the 500 block of West Santa Fe Street near Frazier. When they arrived, they found Oscar Rolando Pavon, 38, dead.
The suspect, identified as Solis, fled before they arrived.
Investigators say Solis knocked on Pavon's door started shooting when he answered.
"My brother was the first one to answer the door and he was looking for him," said Javier Pavon, the victim's brother. "So, two shots and that was it. That's all it took."
But the killer didn't stop there. Police say Solis shot Pavon nine more times before driving off in his car.
Police are still investigating what led up to the shooting, but family members tell Eyewitness News their dispute may have started over a broken car headlight.
According to relatives, Pavon and Solis were friends for years, but there was a car accident about a month ago in which a headlight on one of the vehicles was broken. The men had been arguing over who would pay for the damage.
Solis is charged with murder.
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- NJ honor student who sued parents returns home 4 min ago
- Nutrition and supplement maker Herbalife facing FTC intquiry 4 min ago
- Police: Wrong family targeted in violent home invasion 3 min ago
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed