Suspect in Conroe man's shooting death arrested
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A suspect wanted in the fatal shooting of a man in Conroe is in police custody.
Noel Cristino Solis, was arrested without incident in the Bellaire area at around 2pm Monday with the assistance of the Houston Police Department. Solis has been returned to Conroe.
It was around 5:10am Sunday that Conroe police were dispatched to a report of gunfire in the 500 block of West Santa Fe Street near Frazier. When they arrived, they found Oscar Rolando Pavon, 38, dead.
The suspect, identified as Solis, fled before they arrived.
Investigators say Solis knocked on Pavon's door started shooting when he answered.
"My brother was the first one to answer the door and he was looking for him," said Javier Pavon, the victim's brother. "So, two shots and that was it. That's all it took."
But the killer didn't stop there. Police say Solis shot Pavon nine more times before driving off in his car.
Police are still investigating what led up to the shooting, but family members tell Eyewitness News their dispute may have started over a broken car headlight.
According to relatives, Pavon and Solis were friends for years, but there was a car accident about a month ago in which a headlight on one of the vehicles was broken. The men had been arguing over who would pay for the damage.
Solis is charged with murder.
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- Astrodome to be considered historic landmark
- No jail for teen whose lawyers argued 'affluenza'
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Two of 3 suspected burglars caught in the act
- HISD board to discuss mascot controversy
- Dead leopard, other swag snagged at mansion party
- Restaurant robbery attempt foiled by quick-thinking worker