Alleged 'black magic' sex assault suspect faces judge
TOMBALL, TX (KTRK) -- A 60-year-old Tomball man was in court this morning on a charge of sexual assault of a teenage girl.
Mario Munoz-Verudes was arrested on Saturday. Police say he lured a teenaged neighbor into a house back on September 23. The alleged victim is just 17 years old.
They say he told the girl he knew "spells" that could rid her of bad spirits, but police say instead of helping the girl Munoz-Verudes raped her.
The victim's father said this weekend he knew Munoz-Verudes was hiding in the woods near the home where the assault allegedly took place. He waited for the suspect in an abandoned house, then confronted him. Soon after the father called police.
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Innocent mom killed, kids injured at end of chase
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Sketch of rapist suspect released 3 min ago
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- 13 Things to Know for Friday
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- Amanda Bynes arrested over bong
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
20 min ago
- Surgeons remove tiger's basketball-sized...
56 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos