Alleged 'black magic' sex assault suspect faces judge
TOMBALL, TX (KTRK) -- A 60-year-old Tomball man was in court this morning on a charge of sexual assault of a teenage girl.
Mario Munoz-Verudes was arrested on Saturday. Police say he lured a teenaged neighbor into a house back on September 23. The alleged victim is just 17 years old.
They say he told the girl he knew "spells" that could rid her of bad spirits, but police say instead of helping the girl Munoz-Verudes raped her.
The victim's father said this weekend he knew Munoz-Verudes was hiding in the woods near the home where the assault allegedly took place. He waited for the suspect in an abandoned house, then confronted him. Soon after the father called police.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home