Police find two men shot at apartment complex in north Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police rushed to a north side apartment complex overnight after getting a call about a shooting. They arrived and found two gunshot victims.
It happened at the Ventana Garden apartment on the North Freeway near Burress. Residents say they heard multiple shots and ducked for cover inside their apartments.
Police say the first victim was found in the courtyard with a gunshot wound to the arm. Investigators say 25 minutes later, they found a second person who was in an apartment and had been shot in the leg. Police recovered a gun from that victim, who they believe was also firing shots at someone else.
Police do not know if the two victims were shot by a third person or if they had shot each other.
"They found one suspect with a gunshot wound to the leg also holding a weapon," said Lt. Adrian Canejo with the Houston Police Department. "He dropped the weapon when he saw the officers and the officers called for an ambulance."
Residents say the building needs more security.
"The whole apartment complex is bad. We just need some help," said resident Woodrow Jackson. "We need some security over here. It's getting very ridiculous over here. If we don't need it in the daytime, we need it at nighttime."
Neither victim has life-threatening injuries. Both were taken to the hospital and are expected to fully recover. So far, no charges have been filed in this case.
local, katie mccall
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak