Houston Food Bank gets record donation thanks to diners
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Thanks to the generosity of thousands of diners during Houston Restaurant Weeks, the Houston Food Bank received a record-setting donation.
Houston Restaurant Weeks donated $1,222,735 to the Food Bank. The check was presented yesterday at Houston City Hall. It is the largest donation the organization has ever given to the Houston Food Bank.
The money was collected from discount meals served by 169 restaurants during August.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak