Houston Food Bank gets record donation thanks to diners
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Thanks to the generosity of thousands of diners during Houston Restaurant Weeks, the Houston Food Bank received a record-setting donation.
Houston Restaurant Weeks donated $1,222,735 to the Food Bank. The check was presented yesterday at Houston City Hall. It is the largest donation the organization has ever given to the Houston Food Bank.
The money was collected from discount meals served by 169 restaurants during August.
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped 2 min ago
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie 40 min ago
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school
- 'We are burying a body,' suspects tell police
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin 10 min ago
- Information on price tags decoded
- Sunday's mutton bustin' at RodeoHouston
13 min ago