Houston Food Bank gets record donation thanks to diners
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Thanks to the generosity of thousands of diners during Houston Restaurant Weeks, the Houston Food Bank received a record-setting donation.
Houston Restaurant Weeks donated $1,222,735 to the Food Bank. The check was presented yesterday at Houston City Hall. It is the largest donation the organization has ever given to the Houston Food Bank.
The money was collected from discount meals served by 169 restaurants during August.
- Search in OK nears complettion; tornado was EF5 32 min ago
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Watching line of storms to our north
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders 29 min ago
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case 21 min ago
- U.S. Senate panel approves immigration bill 16 min ago
- Menil Picasso vandal sentenced to 2 years
- Houston women take on fight to end sex trafficking
- Officials link College Station's E. coli cases to restaurant
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos