ABC13 coverage helps FBI catch featured gang fugitive
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Just days after we featured him as our StopHoustonGangs.org Fugitive of the Week, the FBI tells us they've caught a gang member wanted on federal charges.
Investigators say media coverage led Carlos Romero to turn himself into authorities on Monday. Romero, 30, was wanted on a federal firearms charge and a known member of the Tango Blast Gang.
He was of more than two dozen suspects named in a federal indictment unsealed last week. The indictment was the result of a four-year investigation into what the FBI calls the Texas Mexican Mafia.
If you have any information on the whereabouts of other fugitives, you can leave an anonymous tip here
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak