ABC13 coverage helps FBI catch featured gang fugitive
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Just days after we featured him as our StopHoustonGangs.org Fugitive of the Week, the FBI tells us they've caught a gang member wanted on federal charges.
Investigators say media coverage led Carlos Romero to turn himself into authorities on Monday. Romero, 30, was wanted on a federal firearms charge and a known member of the Tango Blast Gang.
He was of more than two dozen suspects named in a federal indictment unsealed last week. The indictment was the result of a four-year investigation into what the FBI calls the Texas Mexican Mafia.
If you have any information on the whereabouts of other fugitives, you can leave an anonymous tip here
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire