Police: Two women either fall or are pushed from moving car
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The manhunt is on for a suspect after two women were either pushed or fell from a moving car Thursday night, killing one of them and seriously injuring the other. The circumstances leading to the brutal attacks remain unknown.
The first woman was found along the Katy Freeway at Westgreen. The body of the second woman was found near Grand Parkway.
Officers found the suspect's abandoned car further down the road in Brookshire, but they're still looking for the man witnesses say was going more than 100 miles per hour when the two women were either pushed out or fell.
According to police, one of the female passengers was either pushed or fell onto the road at the Katy Freeway and Westgreen. That woman was transported to the hospital.
Police say the man kept driving and the second woman either fell or was pushed out of the vehicle at the Katy Freeway and the Grand Parkway and was killed. Her body was mangled when police arrived.
Initial reports were that the first woman was shot before falling onto the roadway. Police say further investigation determined the driver and the two female passenger inside the blue Dodge Magnum had gotten into an argument when a weapon was produced.
Witnesses tell us the suspect sped off.
"This guy flew past us, probably 100, 105 miles per hour at least. I saw him hit the side of this 18-wheeler that's on the side in front of us and skidded off the road and ended up in the ditch right here and the guy that was driving it got out and started running," said witness Daniel Bachrach.
Another witness, Jose Pedraza, told us, "The car was all shattered and there seemed to be blood on the seats."
The deceased female, in her 20s, was pronounced dead at the scene. Her identity and cause of death are pending verification by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.
A second female victim, also in her 20s, suffered unknown injuries and is in serious but stable condition at the hospital.
Police say it has not been determined if either woman was shot. The unknown driver of the Magnum remains at large.
Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this story.
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations 24 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished 47 min ago
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea says Kim's uncle removed from power 23 min ago
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands 37 min ago
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- David Tillman's weather forecast
13 min ago