Police: Two women either fall or are pushed from moving car
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The manhunt is on for a suspect after two women were either pushed or fell from a moving car Thursday night, killing one of them and seriously injuring the other. The circumstances leading to the brutal attacks remain unknown.
The first woman was found along the Katy Freeway at Westgreen. The body of the second woman was found near Grand Parkway.
Officers found the suspect's abandoned car further down the road in Brookshire, but they're still looking for the man witnesses say was going more than 100 miles per hour when the two women were either pushed out or fell.
According to police, one of the female passengers was either pushed or fell onto the road at the Katy Freeway and Westgreen. That woman was transported to the hospital.
Police say the man kept driving and the second woman either fell or was pushed out of the vehicle at the Katy Freeway and the Grand Parkway and was killed. Her body was mangled when police arrived.
Initial reports were that the first woman was shot before falling onto the roadway. Police say further investigation determined the driver and the two female passenger inside the blue Dodge Magnum had gotten into an argument when a weapon was produced.
Witnesses tell us the suspect sped off.
"This guy flew past us, probably 100, 105 miles per hour at least. I saw him hit the side of this 18-wheeler that's on the side in front of us and skidded off the road and ended up in the ditch right here and the guy that was driving it got out and started running," said witness Daniel Bachrach.
Another witness, Jose Pedraza, told us, "The car was all shattered and there seemed to be blood on the seats."
The deceased female, in her 20s, was pronounced dead at the scene. Her identity and cause of death are pending verification by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.
A second female victim, also in her 20s, suffered unknown injuries and is in serious but stable condition at the hospital.
Police say it has not been determined if either woman was shot. The unknown driver of the Magnum remains at large.
Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this story.
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list 35 min ago
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- More Houstonians using METRO system
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Miley fan sneaked into Omaha dressing room
- 'Burger King baby' now seeks birth mom on Facebook