HPD: Man high on PCP leads officers on chase
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is facing an evading arrest charge after leading police on a chase across the south side of Houston overnight. Authorities believe the suspect was high on PCP.
Authorities subdued the man at a gas station on Lockwood at Navigation. Officers say the chase started on Westheimer at Hillcroft. That's where the man actually flagged an officer, telling him someone at a nightclub had spiked his drink.
"While the officer was attempting to gather information from him, he ran and got back in his car and at that point, the pursuit started," said Officer SJ Reece with the Houston Police Department. "The officer tried to catch back up with him, but instead he sped down eastbound on Westheimer; he ran many red lights."
The man eventually stopped on his own and surrendered to officers. He was taken to the hospital for evaluation.
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death 31 min ago
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos 34 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- New cameras to help cops settle disputes
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- One dead, others injured in Baytown wreck 34 min ago
- Feds to reduce stimulus due to improving job market
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day