Juvenile Justice Center jailer accused of offering girl candy for sex makes court appearance
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Harris County Juvenile Justice Center jailer accused of trading candy for sexual favors with a teenage inmate at the facility made his first court appearance.
Robert Emerson Robinson, 28, appeared before a judge Friday morning. Police say he admitted to having sex with the 15-year-old girl. Officers also say they have surveillance video of him entering the girl's cell on May 23.
Robinson has been fired and charged with sexual assault with a child under 17.
The girl reportedly told police she allowed him to have sex with her because he provided her with candy and other treats.
- Police: 2 dead after car crashes into crowd in Austin 24 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 6 people dead 52 min ago
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- Police: Man tried to run over triple amputee in N. Houston
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry 32 min ago
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves 10 min ago
- Man in reported stolen car leads police on short chase 15 min ago
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys 44 min ago
- Authorities investigating second auto-pedestrian in NW Harris...
- George Zimmerman's parents suing Roseanne Barr
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos