SWAT officers find gas station employees safe
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A SWAT team is at the scene of an armed robbery attempt in Montgomery County.
Oak Ridge and Conroe police and Montgomery County Sheriff's deputies were called to a Shell station on State Highway 242 near I-45 around 3am where two armed suspects had entered the store through the McDonalds drive-through. A customer called 911.
Oak Ridge and Conroe Police officers arrived on the scene and believed that employees were still inside the store with the suspects. One of the employees was able to escape through the drive-through while the suspects were distracted.
"What we know at this time, is that we believe there are two armed robbers inside the store with two employees of the McDonalds and the Shell," said Lt. Dan Norris of the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office.
Initial attempts to contact anyone inside the business were unsuccessful and SWAT and crisis negotiators were called to the scene. Multiple attempts were made to contact anyone inside the business and eventually one employee came out that had been hiding behind a counter, authorities said. The witness did not know if the suspects were still inside but two employees were unaccounted for and they were believed to still be inside the business.
SWAT entered the business at about 7am and found two employees hiding in a back room and the suspects were gone. Investigators with the Sheriff's Office and the Texas Rangers are interviewing witnesses.
The suspects are described as two black males, 5'9" to 5'10" wearing a black hoodie and mask with gloves.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to a $1,000 cash reward for information leading to an arrest or indictment of a felony crime. Anyone with informaiton can call 800-392-STOP (7867). Anonymous tips can also be made through the Montgomery County Crime Stoppers Web Page at www.montgomerycountycrimestoppers.org.
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Boy, 6, drowns in Fort Bend County pool
- Another record could fall before Powerball drawing
- Witnesses rescue woman from kidnapping attempt
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Robbery suspects lead police on overnight chase
- Officer hurt when driver hits cruiser in NW Houston
- Nuisance buildings around Houston coming down today
- Triathletes pushing themselves today in The Woodlands
- 300-pound man dies after cops use stun gun
- Granbury residents prepare to return home
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos