Driver dead after losing control on SE Houston street
Police say the man ran off the road, crashed into a fence and then crossed the median and hit a parked vehicle before coming to rest
It happened around 4:30am on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard at Bungalow Lane.
Police said the man was southbound on MLK when he lost control of his pickup truck.
The driver veered to the right and went over a curb and a sidewalk before he hit a fence, police said.
According to investigators, he got back on MLK southbound but then crossed the median and drove into the northbound lanes.
The driver ended up crashing into a Hummer parked in a driveway. He was dead when officers arrived.
The cause of the crash is under investigation. The man's identity has not been released.
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy 58 min ago
- Mom reunited with child after car theft
- Big facelift proposed for Bush Airport terminal
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City
- School: Fourth-graders caught selling pot on campus
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Video: Pope Francis stirs up a little controversy 47 min ago
- Van smashes into home in northwest Harris Co.
- Club's opening night ends in deadly gunfire
- Man wants to remove 'murder' tattoo before murder trial
- Boy, 9, sang gospel until abductor released him
- Child left sleeping on Pasadena ISD school bus
- Driver ends up in San Antonio swimming pool
- Newborn tips scales at 14.5 pounds
- Cabbies compete for ride business
15 min ago
- What should you know about ride sharing
37 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos