Driver dead after losing control on SE Houston street
Police say the man ran off the road, crashed into a fence and then crossed the median and hit a parked vehicle before coming to rest
It happened around 4:30am on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard at Bungalow Lane.
Police said the man was southbound on MLK when he lost control of his pickup truck.
The driver veered to the right and went over a curb and a sidewalk before he hit a fence, police said.
According to investigators, he got back on MLK southbound but then crossed the median and drove into the northbound lanes.
The driver ended up crashing into a Hummer parked in a driveway. He was dead when officers arrived.
The cause of the crash is under investigation. The man's identity has not been released.
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods