Man sought in apparent road rage wreck that killed one woman
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An argument between strangers took a deadly turn on the road on Thursday mornning, and now police are trying to find the man responsible.
Houston police have released a surveillance video of a man wanted for questioning in the death of Samantha Dorsey. Dorsey, 23, was killed in an accident at 7800 Westheimer about 7am Thursday.
Police say at about 6:45am, Dorsey and her friends were leaving the Walmart on Dunvale at Westheimer when they were involved in a verbal altercation with an unknown man. This altercation spilled out onto Westheimer, where the two parties apparently continued to argue as they drove inbound on Westheimer.
Witnesses said it appeared the man, driving a gold Mustang with a red pinstripe, threw out what appeared to be a bottle at the vehicle Dorsey and her friends were driving in. This action may have caused the driver of the other vehicle to lose control. The vehicle ultimately struck a traffic pole, causing Dorseny to be ejected from the vehicle.
She died as a result of her injuries. The other two occupants of this vehicle were taken to the hospital, treated for minor injuries and released.
The driver of the gold Mustang left the scene. He was described as a black male, about 6 foot 2 inches tall, about 25 years of age, with short hair tied into little spikes as if he was going to grow dreadlocks or braids. He had no facial hair and had slits shaved into one of his eyebrows, possibly his left one. He was also described as having a New Orleans accent.
Anyone recognizing the male in the surveillance video or with any information in this incident is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect 5 min ago
- weather: Rain falling across our area
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- One killed in head on collision with dump truck 18 min ago
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from hotel
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Champion boxer Juan Diaz doesn't quit
39 min ago