Man sought in apparent road rage wreck that killed one woman
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An argument between strangers took a deadly turn on the road on Thursday mornning, and now police are trying to find the man responsible.
Houston police have released a surveillance video of a man wanted for questioning in the death of Samantha Dorsey. Dorsey, 23, was killed in an accident at 7800 Westheimer about 7am Thursday.
Police say at about 6:45am, Dorsey and her friends were leaving the Walmart on Dunvale at Westheimer when they were involved in a verbal altercation with an unknown man. This altercation spilled out onto Westheimer, where the two parties apparently continued to argue as they drove inbound on Westheimer.
Witnesses said it appeared the man, driving a gold Mustang with a red pinstripe, threw out what appeared to be a bottle at the vehicle Dorsey and her friends were driving in. This action may have caused the driver of the other vehicle to lose control. The vehicle ultimately struck a traffic pole, causing Dorseny to be ejected from the vehicle.
She died as a result of her injuries. The other two occupants of this vehicle were taken to the hospital, treated for minor injuries and released.
The driver of the gold Mustang left the scene. He was described as a black male, about 6 foot 2 inches tall, about 25 years of age, with short hair tied into little spikes as if he was going to grow dreadlocks or braids. He had no facial hair and had slits shaved into one of his eyebrows, possibly his left one. He was also described as having a New Orleans accent.
Anyone recognizing the male in the surveillance video or with any information in this incident is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos