Man sought in apparent road rage wreck that killed one woman
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An argument between strangers took a deadly turn on the road on Thursday mornning, and now police are trying to find the man responsible.
Houston police have released a surveillance video of a man wanted for questioning in the death of Samantha Dorsey. Dorsey, 23, was killed in an accident at 7800 Westheimer about 7am Thursday.
Police say at about 6:45am, Dorsey and her friends were leaving the Walmart on Dunvale at Westheimer when they were involved in a verbal altercation with an unknown man. This altercation spilled out onto Westheimer, where the two parties apparently continued to argue as they drove inbound on Westheimer.
Witnesses said it appeared the man, driving a gold Mustang with a red pinstripe, threw out what appeared to be a bottle at the vehicle Dorsey and her friends were driving in. This action may have caused the driver of the other vehicle to lose control. The vehicle ultimately struck a traffic pole, causing Dorseny to be ejected from the vehicle.
She died as a result of her injuries. The other two occupants of this vehicle were taken to the hospital, treated for minor injuries and released.
The driver of the gold Mustang left the scene. He was described as a black male, about 6 foot 2 inches tall, about 25 years of age, with short hair tied into little spikes as if he was going to grow dreadlocks or braids. He had no facial hair and had slits shaved into one of his eyebrows, possibly his left one. He was also described as having a New Orleans accent.
Anyone recognizing the male in the surveillance video or with any information in this incident is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots 53 min ago
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa 1 min ago
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you 38 min ago
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Video: Treating asthma by burning the lungs
- Do you know this week's StopHoustonGangs.org fugitive?
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble 37 min ago