Reward offered for suspected rapist wanted in 2003 attack
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are searching for a felon who's wanted in the 2003 rape of an elderly woman.
On August 8, 2003, at approximately 8pm, a 77-year-old victim was sexually assaulted at an apartment located near the 3800 block of North Braeswood. She had just returned from a neighborhood store, and was seated in the dining room of the apartment when an unknown assailant grabbed her from behind, and dragged her to the bedroom. There, the suspect repeatedly beat the victim in order to stop her screams. The suspect bound the victim's hands with a cord, and removed her clothing. The man sexually assaulted the victim as she prayed for help. Before leaving the apartment, the suspect stole the victim's cash and purse.
On September 21, 2012, authorities say Wesley Bernard Gordon was identified through DNA from evidence recovered at the time of the incident. Gordon, 40, has been charged with aggravated sexual assault of an elderly victim. A warrant was issued with no bond.
Court records show Gordon has prior convictions for theft in 1990 and burglary of a motor vehicle in 1991.
Anyone with information about Gordon's location is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the arrest of the fugitive in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents dead after altercation
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees 38 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses 44 min ago
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans