Reward offered for suspected rapist wanted in 2003 attack
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are searching for a felon who's wanted in the 2003 rape of an elderly woman.
On August 8, 2003, at approximately 8pm, a 77-year-old victim was sexually assaulted at an apartment located near the 3800 block of North Braeswood. She had just returned from a neighborhood store, and was seated in the dining room of the apartment when an unknown assailant grabbed her from behind, and dragged her to the bedroom. There, the suspect repeatedly beat the victim in order to stop her screams. The suspect bound the victim's hands with a cord, and removed her clothing. The man sexually assaulted the victim as she prayed for help. Before leaving the apartment, the suspect stole the victim's cash and purse.
On September 21, 2012, authorities say Wesley Bernard Gordon was identified through DNA from evidence recovered at the time of the incident. Gordon, 40, has been charged with aggravated sexual assault of an elderly victim. A warrant was issued with no bond.
Court records show Gordon has prior convictions for theft in 1990 and burglary of a motor vehicle in 1991.
Anyone with information about Gordon's location is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the arrest of the fugitive in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak