Conroe man fatally stabbed in bar fight over woman in suburban Detroit
GARDEN CITY, MI -- Police in suburban Detroit say a bar fight over a woman led to the fatal stabbing of a 21-year-old Houston-area man and the wounding of two men from California in a parking lot.
Garden City police say they're seeking to identify several suspects in the attack, which followed a dispute early Sunday at Albert's in the Alley. Chief Robert Muery tells The Associated Press that the dead man was Oscar E. Avila of Conroe, Texas.
Police say 25-year-old Cristobal E. Gutierrez of Riverside, Calif., was critically injured and 21-year-old Gerardo Sanchez of Hesperia, Calif., was treated and released. Police say the three victims were transient workers who'd just arrived in the Detroit area for work in the trucking industry.
Investigators are reviewing video of the fight leading to the attack.
conroe, michigan, local
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore'
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Bledsoe leads Suns to 97-88 win over Rockets
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle