Conroe man fatally stabbed in bar fight over woman in suburban Detroit
GARDEN CITY, MI -- Police in suburban Detroit say a bar fight over a woman led to the fatal stabbing of a 21-year-old Houston-area man and the wounding of two men from California in a parking lot.
Garden City police say they're seeking to identify several suspects in the attack, which followed a dispute early Sunday at Albert's in the Alley. Chief Robert Muery tells The Associated Press that the dead man was Oscar E. Avila of Conroe, Texas.
Police say 25-year-old Cristobal E. Gutierrez of Riverside, Calif., was critically injured and 21-year-old Gerardo Sanchez of Hesperia, Calif., was treated and released. Police say the three victims were transient workers who'd just arrived in the Detroit area for work in the trucking industry.
Investigators are reviewing video of the fight leading to the attack.
conroe, michigan, local
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure 8 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 57 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis 42 min ago
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co.
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home