HCSO: Body found in garbage bag
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Harris County investigators have a lot of questions, after a trash bag of human bones was found along a road in north Harris County. An anonymous call led investigators to the bag along Walters Road and Old Walters Road.
When investigators got to the scene, they did indeed find a trash bag with human bones inside. However there are very few other clues to go on.
The bag was found along a gravel driveway in a rural area that has recently been cleared of brush. Investigators combed the area looking for clues. But right now they would like to speak to the person who first called in about the human remains in the bag.
Felipe Rivera with the Harris County Sheriff's Office said, "We're trying to track the source down that called it in. They got a call. Apparently someone came out here and discovered it. So we're trying to get to that person and see how they came about it."
The area where the bag was found is a bit remote, with no homes nearby. So it's not known how long the bag may have been there unnoticed.
The bag has been picked up by the Harris County Medical Examiner's Office. Officials hope that DNA testing can help identify the victim.
local, miya shay
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 2 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight 58 min ago
- Dying child receives experimental drug
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- First the wind, then the cold