Two dead after fiery head-on crash near Tomball
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two people are dead after a fiery head-on crash near Tomball.
The crash happened Tuesday morning along FM 2978 about five miles outside of Tomball in southwest Montgomery County. There is not much left of the pickup and a flat bed truck that collided near a curve in the road. Both trucks have smashed front ends that burned in a fire.
State troopers say two people riding in the flat bed truck died. The driver of the other truck survived and is not believed to be seriously injured.
DPS Trooper Erik Burse says the driver of the flatbed truck, 31-year-old Wilson Avelar, is in the process of being charged with two counts of negligent homicide.
The victims' names have not been released pending notification of family.
FM 2978 was closed as state troopers worked to figure out how the accident happened.
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill 19 min ago
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally 32 min ago
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio 10 min ago
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain 42 min ago
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
55 min ago