Two dead after fiery head-on crash near Tomball
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two people are dead after a fiery head-on crash near Tomball.
The crash happened Tuesday morning along FM 2978 about five miles outside of Tomball in southwest Montgomery County. There is not much left of the pickup and a flat bed truck that collided near a curve in the road. Both trucks have smashed front ends that burned in a fire.
State troopers say two people riding in the flat bed truck died. The driver of the other truck survived and is not believed to be seriously injured.
DPS Trooper Erik Burse says the driver of the flatbed truck, 31-year-old Wilson Avelar, is in the process of being charged with two counts of negligent homicide.
The victims' names have not been released pending notification of family.
FM 2978 was closed as state troopers worked to figure out how the accident happened.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home