Two dead after fiery head-on crash near Tomball
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two people are dead after a fiery head-on crash near Tomball.
The crash happened Tuesday morning along FM 2978 about five miles outside of Tomball in southwest Montgomery County. There is not much left of the pickup and a flat bed truck that collided near a curve in the road. Both trucks have smashed front ends that burned in a fire.
State troopers say two people riding in the flat bed truck died. The driver of the other truck survived and is not believed to be seriously injured.
DPS Trooper Erik Burse says the driver of the flatbed truck, 31-year-old Wilson Avelar, is in the process of being charged with two counts of negligent homicide.
The victims' names have not been released pending notification of family.
FM 2978 was closed as state troopers worked to figure out how the accident happened.
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- NASA records powerful explosion on moon
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos