Man escapes from police after being taken into custody at hospital
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is on the run after allegedly being busted with cocaine at a prestigious Houston hospital.
Police say the man was visiting someone at the Debakey VA Medical Center around 3am when they found he had cocaine.
He was arrested, handcuffed and placed in a patrol car. But somehow he escaped and got out through a window. HPD K-9 teams were brought in to find the missing man, but he was never located.
The VA police had his car towed away. Police say the man is mostly likely still wearing those handcuffs.
- Severe weather possible across Houston area
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk 4 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 36 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos