Man escapes from police after being taken into custody at hospital
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is on the run after allegedly being busted with cocaine at a prestigious Houston hospital.
Police say the man was visiting someone at the Debakey VA Medical Center around 3am when they found he had cocaine.
He was arrested, handcuffed and placed in a patrol car. But somehow he escaped and got out through a window. HPD K-9 teams were brought in to find the missing man, but he was never located.
The VA police had his car towed away. Police say the man is mostly likely still wearing those handcuffs.
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Niko Niko's World Gyro Eating Championship held today
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Fla
- Expect hot, humid conditions next couple of days
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos