Reward increased in hunt for suspects on Top 10 list
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Crime Stoppers and the FBI have announced a big increase in the reward money for information leading to the arrest of suspects in a recent takover-style bank robbery along the Katy Freeway.
Back on August 9, two white male suspects wearing painters' masks and jumpsuits walked into the bank in the 20000 block of the Katy Freeway, which is between South Fry and South Greenhouse. Both men were armed with pistols and ordered store employees into the back of the bank.
The suspects took contents of the vault and fled with an undetermined amount of cash.
One suspect is described as a white male, 25-29 years of age, standing six feet tall with a slim build. The second suspect is described as a white male, 50-55 years of age, also standing six feet tall with a medium build.
Both suspects are featured as part of Crime Stoppers' Top Ten Most Wanted Bank Robbery Suspects.
Crime Stoppers says the reward money for information leading to their arrests has been increased to up to $12,500. Anyone with information about the identity of the suspects is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at (713) 222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County
- City slammed for deal with topless clubs
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon
- Man says found treasure should be his
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Police: Man fatally shoots wife in southsoutheast west Houston 55 min ago
- Blood test could offer early answer for kids with austim 42 min ago
- Mystery of the missing mink 31 min ago
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- METRO offering new way to get around town