Mom accused of encouraging daughter to fight, charged with injury to child
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Crosby mother is facing some pretty shocking allegations involving her teenage daughter and one of her daughter's classmates.
On Saturday evening in a normally quiet cul-de-sac in Crosby, David Staggs heard the sounds of a fight coming from across the street.
"One of the females seemed to be yelling at a bunch of various kids running in the yard in the driveway and she was becoming very tense," Staggs said.
That woman was 38-year-old Kimberly Nicole Holleman.
"She brought her juvenile daughter over to the complainant's house. The complainant is 13 years of age and she encourages and aided her daughter in the commission of the assault," said prosecutor Mary McFadden.
We knocked on Holleman's door Wednesday, but there was no answer. A neighbor told us Holleman and her teenage daughter were arrested around noon.
Court documents say Holleman drove the teenager to the 13-year-old victim's house and urged her daughter, "You need to kick her ***."
"By the time I started to walk over there, she had actually struck her and knocked her to the ground and I started to run over there," Staggs said.
He says he tried to break up the fight, only to be jumped by several young men who had accompanied Holleman and her daughter.
"I was trying to protect this girl, my neighbor, and hold back the teenager who was hitting her and also try to defend myself," he said.
The 13-year-old victim suffered some bruises; Staggs was unhurt. But Holleman is now facing a third degree felony charge and could face two to ten years in prison if she's convicted.
It all started, apparently over a boy, says Staggs, who has four teenagers of his own.
"Apparently my neighbor across the street, it was her boyfriend and another girl, maybe there were some jealousy issues," he told us.
Holleman does have a criminal record including convictions for assault in 1997 and DWI in 1993. She is expected in court on Thursday.
There is no word if any more arrests in this case are expected.
Kimberly Holleman is in the Harris County Jail, charged with injury to a child.
local, adela uchida
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'