Bribery, prostitution charges filed after undercover sting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston woman is facing charges for allegedly offering a bribe to deputy constables who questioned her after she reportedly agreed to have sex with an undercover deputy for a fee.
Lan T. Pham, 48, of Houston is charged with bribery and prostitution. According to court documents, the undercover Harris County deputy walked into Three Leaf, an unlicensed massage business at 2120 E. FM 1960 back on October 12.
Once inside, he asked Pham about sex for money and she reportedly told him that she would have sex with him for $150.
Deputy constables approached Pham, who told them that she'd give them $2,000 to be released from custody and sign a paper, saying she would no longer participate in prostitution.
According to court documents, she then went and grabbed two white envelopes and handed them to one of the deputy constables. Each had $1,000 inside.
Pham's bail is set at $10,000 for the bribery charge and $5,000 for each of two counts of prostitution.
Charges were also filed on Thu Ha Thi Tran, 42, for operating an unlicensed massage parlor. Her bond has been set at $500.
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents dead after altercation 50 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees 17 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses 23 min ago
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans