Bribery, prostitution charges filed after undercover sting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston woman is facing charges for allegedly offering a bribe to deputy constables who questioned her after she reportedly agreed to have sex with an undercover deputy for a fee.
Lan T. Pham, 48, of Houston is charged with bribery and prostitution. According to court documents, the undercover Harris County deputy walked into Three Leaf, an unlicensed massage business at 2120 E. FM 1960 back on October 12.
Once inside, he asked Pham about sex for money and she reportedly told him that she would have sex with him for $150.
Deputy constables approached Pham, who told them that she'd give them $2,000 to be released from custody and sign a paper, saying she would no longer participate in prostitution.
According to court documents, she then went and grabbed two white envelopes and handed them to one of the deputy constables. Each had $1,000 inside.
Pham's bail is set at $10,000 for the bribery charge and $5,000 for each of two counts of prostitution.
Charges were also filed on Thu Ha Thi Tran, 42, for operating an unlicensed massage parlor. Her bond has been set at $500.
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo