Bribery, prostitution charges filed after undercover sting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston woman is facing charges for allegedly offering a bribe to deputy constables who questioned her after she reportedly agreed to have sex with an undercover deputy for a fee.
Lan T. Pham, 48, of Houston is charged with bribery and prostitution. According to court documents, the undercover Harris County deputy walked into Three Leaf, an unlicensed massage business at 2120 E. FM 1960 back on October 12.
Once inside, he asked Pham about sex for money and she reportedly told him that she would have sex with him for $150.
Deputy constables approached Pham, who told them that she'd give them $2,000 to be released from custody and sign a paper, saying she would no longer participate in prostitution.
According to court documents, she then went and grabbed two white envelopes and handed them to one of the deputy constables. Each had $1,000 inside.
Pham's bail is set at $10,000 for the bribery charge and $5,000 for each of two counts of prostitution.
Charges were also filed on Thu Ha Thi Tran, 42, for operating an unlicensed massage parlor. Her bond has been set at $500.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in north Houston 31 min ago
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box 42 min ago
- Two charged in death of North Texas student
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Big quake strikes off N. California, no tsunami threat