Bribery, prostitution charges filed after undercover sting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston woman is facing charges for allegedly offering a bribe to deputy constables who questioned her after she reportedly agreed to have sex with an undercover deputy for a fee.
Lan T. Pham, 48, of Houston is charged with bribery and prostitution. According to court documents, the undercover Harris County deputy walked into Three Leaf, an unlicensed massage business at 2120 E. FM 1960 back on October 12.
Once inside, he asked Pham about sex for money and she reportedly told him that she would have sex with him for $150.
Deputy constables approached Pham, who told them that she'd give them $2,000 to be released from custody and sign a paper, saying she would no longer participate in prostitution.
According to court documents, she then went and grabbed two white envelopes and handed them to one of the deputy constables. Each had $1,000 inside.
Pham's bail is set at $10,000 for the bribery charge and $5,000 for each of two counts of prostitution.
Charges were also filed on Thu Ha Thi Tran, 42, for operating an unlicensed massage parlor. Her bond has been set at $500.
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school