Armed robber orders bank customers to floor
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives are searching for an armed robbery suspect who targeted a Missouri City-area bank Wednesday afternoon.
The heist happened around 4pm in the 9200 block of State Highway 6 South near Sienna Parkway, according to the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office.
With a white cloth wrapped around his head and a semi-automatic gun in his hand, the suspect walked inside ordered everyone inside to the floor. He then demanded cash from a teller and stuffed whatever money that was handed to him into his pockets and left the store He was last seen walking toward a nearby fast food restaurant.
Luckily, no one injured in the incident. But now, the search is on for the robber.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic or black male, about 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs about 180 pounds. He was wearing a red Houston Rockets hat with a white rag or towel wrapped around most of his face. He was wearing a long-sleeve blue shirt with black pants.
Anyone with information regarding this heist is asked to call Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office at 281-341-4665, Fort Bend Crime Stoppers, Inc. at 281-342-TIPS (8477) or text plus the tip to CRIMES (274637). Tips also can be submitted online at www.fortbend-tx-crimestoppers.org. All calls to Crime Stoppers are anonymous and successful tips could lead to up to a $5,000 reward.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 22 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County 56 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS 51 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant 58 min ago
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives? 56 min ago
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 24 min ago
- There's pee in the water -- again!