Armed robber orders bank customers to floor
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives are searching for an armed robbery suspect who targeted a Missouri City-area bank Wednesday afternoon.
The heist happened around 4pm in the 9200 block of State Highway 6 South near Sienna Parkway, according to the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office.
With a white cloth wrapped around his head and a semi-automatic gun in his hand, the suspect walked inside ordered everyone inside to the floor. He then demanded cash from a teller and stuffed whatever money that was handed to him into his pockets and left the store He was last seen walking toward a nearby fast food restaurant.
Luckily, no one injured in the incident. But now, the search is on for the robber.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic or black male, about 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs about 180 pounds. He was wearing a red Houston Rockets hat with a white rag or towel wrapped around most of his face. He was wearing a long-sleeve blue shirt with black pants.
Anyone with information regarding this heist is asked to call Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office at 281-341-4665, Fort Bend Crime Stoppers, Inc. at 281-342-TIPS (8477) or text plus the tip to CRIMES (274637). Tips also can be submitted online at www.fortbend-tx-crimestoppers.org. All calls to Crime Stoppers are anonymous and successful tips could lead to up to a $5,000 reward.
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies 38 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 39 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game