Man indicted for attacking female joggers in Galveston
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A Galveston County Grand Jury Thursday indicted a man accused of attacking female joggers this past summer.
Christopher Adrian Vela, 24, is charged with two counts of sexual assault. Investigators say he attacked two women as they ran along the Seawall back on August 13.
Vela is accused of trying to pull one of the jogger's shorts down, but she scratched him in the face before he ran away. Less than 30 minutes later, investigators believe Vela attacked another woman who escaped after striking him with a pipe.
Vela is being held in the Galveston County Jail on a $120,000 bond as he awaits trial.
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown 10 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 38 min ago
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290