Man indicted for attacking female joggers in Galveston
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A Galveston County Grand Jury Thursday indicted a man accused of attacking female joggers this past summer.
Christopher Adrian Vela, 24, is charged with two counts of sexual assault. Investigators say he attacked two women as they ran along the Seawall back on August 13.
Vela is accused of trying to pull one of the jogger's shorts down, but she scratched him in the face before he ran away. Less than 30 minutes later, investigators believe Vela attacked another woman who escaped after striking him with a pipe.
Vela is being held in the Galveston County Jail on a $120,000 bond as he awaits trial.
- Know the guy in this surveillance video? 23 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood 21 min ago
- IAH passengers struggle to reach destinations 17 min ago
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad