Pedestrian injured after being hit by METRO bus
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is in the hospital after being hit by a METRO bus overnight in southwest Houston.
The accident happened just before midnight. The man was crossing Richmond when the bus turned left onto the street from Main and hit him. The bus did have a green arrow.
"As the bus was turning, the guy decided to walk out. Why? I have no clue, but by that time it was kind of too late," said eyewitness Donnie Johnson.
The pedestrian was taken to the hospital and is expected to survive his injuries. The bus driver and the one passenger on the bus were not hurt.
- Bridge collapses in NW Washington; people in water 16 min ago
- Innocent mom killed, kids injured at end of chase
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Police: West Houston apartment fire was no accident 6 min ago
- Drugs involved in deadly shooting in NW Harris Co., say deputies 4 min ago
- No charges expected after pedestrian hit in NW Harris Co. 3 min ago
- Cancer drugs for children remain scarce in U.S.
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty...
- Amanda Bynes arrested over bong 7 min ago
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Casey Curry's Friday forecast
12 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos