Daughters asking public for information on mom's June murder
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The family of Houston woman who was found murdered at a north Houston bus stop back in June still has no idea who took her life.
Police say their all of their leads have turned out to be dead ends. So on Saturday, investigators joined the woman's loved ones to see if someone can help them find her killer.
Sadie Butler's family is going door to door with Houston police officers, putting up flyers. They're hoping someone who sees this picture can bring them the answers to questions they've been asking for nearly five months.
"She was a caring person. She was loved by everybody. We just don't understand why somebody would do this to her," said Sadie's daughter, Kimberly Butler.
On June 9, the 57-year-old was found shot to death at a bus stop on West Tidwell. It was 6:20am when a passerby noticed Sadie's body and called police.
Since then, detectives say the case has gone cold.
"We have no witnesses or investigative leads, so we are asking for the public's help to give us any information they may have," said officer Mark Coleman with HPD's homicide division.
"If anyone may have seen anything or heard anything, if you guys could just come forward to help us solve this crime," said Sadie's other daughter, Dolores Gable.
Police hope the flyers will lead to a suspect, so that her loved ones can see someone held accountable for her murder.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
local, katie mccall
- Severe weather possible this morning
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 14 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension 38 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business 25 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting 6 min ago
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston 4 min ago
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested 7 min ago
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking 13 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 43 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- METRO hosting North Line grand opening party
21 min ago
- ISS spacewalk: What are they doing up there?
8 min ago