Toddler rescued from pool by 9-year-old sister
MISSOURI CITY, TX (KTRK) -- An 18-month-old child is still hospitalized after a near-drowning incident Sunday.
At about 11:45am Sunday, Fort Bend County Sheriff's deputies and Fort Bend EMS personnel were called to a home on Big Trail in the Sienna Plantation subdivision in the Missouri City area.
An 18-month-old boy had accidentally fallen into the home's swimming pool and was found by his older sister, age 9, according to authorities. The mother began conducting CPR and had been doing so about a minute before EMS personnel arrived. The boy was breathing when the EMS crew arrived.
The boy was transported by Life Flight to Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston. The child remains under observation in the hospital.
missouri city, local
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder 24 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead 16 min ago
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Drunk man demanded bed to sleep
- Woman found living with dead spouse for month
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
20 min ago
- Learning doesn't stop at Houston Rodeo
35 min ago