Thieves target jewelry store in The Woodlands
THE WOODLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- Authorities have released surveillance video from an overnight burglary at a jewelry store in The Woodlands area. The break-in comes just two weeks after another jewelry store in the same area was also robbed.
The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office says the burglary happened right before midnight at the Thomas Markle Jewelers in the 9500 block of Six Pines. Detective released video of it in hopes someone will recognize the man caught on the recording.
In the video, you can see the man walk up to the front door and throw something at the window, breaking it. Then inside, he breaks a display case and grabs the contents, before running in the back and making off with more stuff. He also steals items out of other display cases before leaving.
We're told that he ended up with lower-end custom jewelry and that a lot of the damage cost is from the broken window and display cases. It totals in the thousands of dollars.
Montgomery County sheriff's deputies arrived after the burglar set off the alarm.
The burglary at Thomas Markle comes just two weeks after an October 10 robbery at a Tiffany & Co. jewelry store in the same shopping center, Market Square. Authorities told us a man with a shoulder bag walked into that store, looked at rings and then suddenly pulled out an assault rifle. The suspect then grabbed jewelry, pepper-sprayed both customers and employees then ran off.
There's been an arrest in the Tiffany's robbery. However, there is no word from the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office if they think that suspect is connected to the Markle robbery.
Both of these high-end stores are fairly new. Thomas Markle opened its doors in The Woodlands three years ago, while the Tiffany's opened just two years ago.
But if you recognize the man in the video or know anything about either crime, call the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office at 800-392-STOP(7867).
the woodlands, local, adela uchida
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect 39 min ago
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 32 min ago
- One killed in head on collision with dump truck
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from hotel
- Teen arrested after allegedly racing illegally 48 min ago
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans