Dallas man charged in robbery at Tiffany's jewelry store, suspect in another
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities have arrested a Dallas man accused of robbing a jewelry store in The Woodlands and possibly another in the Clear Lake area.
Donyesta Antonio Lang, 33, is charged with aggravated robbery in connection to the October 10 robbery of the Tiffany & Co. jewelry store at the Market Square shopping center in The Woodlands, according to the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office. He is also considered a suspect in the Monday afternoon robbery of Lewis Jewelers on the Gulf Freeway at Bay Area Boulevard but hasn't been formally charged.
Lang was taken into custody by the Dallas Police Department after arriving at a hospital there to seek treatment for a shot gunshot wound, possibly stemming from a bullet fired by an off-duty officer during the Lewis robbery.
Detectives say they were able to identify Lang as their suspect after confirming the jewelry stolen during the Tiffany's robbery was sold at stores across the Dallas area. Detectives were then able to link Lang's silver Chrysler 200 to the crime scene.
Then on Monday afternoon, Montgomery County detectives learned a suspect matching Lang's description was involved in the Lewis robbery and was possibly shot by an off-duty officer working security at the store.
Detectives thought Lang would return to the Dallas area, so they started heading north and contacted Dallas PD. That's when authorities in Dallas found him at an area hospital. He was getting treated for a gunshot wound but was in stable condition.
Authorities are now trying to determine if Lang has committed other crimes in the Houston/Montgomery County area.
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped 57 min ago
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born