Burglary suspect caught in the act at 99 Cent store in SW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A would-be burglar was caught in the act after targeting a 99 Cent store in the Sharpstown area overnight.
It happened around 1am at the store on Marinette and Demoss. Police say the suspect climbed through an air conditioning vent to get inside but tripped an alarm that alerted authorities.
The manager of the store says the suspect was trying to steal phone cards and cash.
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar 16 min ago
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing husband's co-worker
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Boy accused of setting mall fire, two others 54 min ago
- Can you say this tongue twister? 12 min ago
- SWAT standoff in SW Houston ends peacefully
- 'Polar Express' blowing across US
- More than 2 million passwords stolen
- Rare identical triplets born in California 38 min ago
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds