Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis in Houston to tour veterans' service center
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The U.S. secretary of labor says she likes what is being done in Houston to help military veterans.
Secretary Hilda Solis Thursday toured Goodwill's Midtown Terrace Job Connection Service Center. She met with several veterans and learned how they are getting help to find work and shelter.
"I am very, very impressed. There are hundreds and hundreds of veterans, both men and women, who come through these doors that find a welcoming hand of assistance. Not a hand up, a hand to help steady them," Secretary Solis said.
The Department of Labor has lots of information on line to help veterans. You can find a link to that site here.
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse 52 min ago
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos