Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis in Houston to tour veterans' service center
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The U.S. secretary of labor says she likes what is being done in Houston to help military veterans.
Secretary Hilda Solis Thursday toured Goodwill's Midtown Terrace Job Connection Service Center. She met with several veterans and learned how they are getting help to find work and shelter.
"I am very, very impressed. There are hundreds and hundreds of veterans, both men and women, who come through these doors that find a welcoming hand of assistance. Not a hand up, a hand to help steady them," Secretary Solis said.
The Department of Labor has lots of information on line to help veterans. You can find a link to that site here.
- Search in OK nears completion; tornado was EF5 38 min ago
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017 32 min ago
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Watching line of storms to our north
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles 25 min ago
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using? 32 min ago
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned 20 min ago
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos