Off-duty deputy, city worker hit by car at construction site in Clear Lake
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An off-duty deputy and a city worker are in the hospital after they were struck by a car at a construction site.
It happened around 1:45am on Bay Area Boulevard near Seawolf Drive in Clear Lake.
Police say the two were outside the deputy's truck, when a driver hit them. Both men were transported to the hospital. Their names have not been released.
Investigators say a second car plowed through barriers while police were investigating the first accident. Both drivers are being tested for possible intoxication.
clear lake, local
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire 29 min ago
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids 25 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 35 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank 59 min ago
- Three Webster officers go before judge today
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom