Off-duty deputy, city worker hit by car at construction site in Clear Lake
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An off-duty deputy and a city worker are in the hospital after they were struck by a car at a construction site.
It happened around 1:45am on Bay Area Boulevard near Seawolf Drive in Clear Lake.
Police say the two were outside the deputy's truck, when a driver hit them. Both men were transported to the hospital. Their names have not been released.
Investigators say a second car plowed through barriers while police were investigating the first accident. Both drivers are being tested for possible intoxication.
clear lake, local
- Traffic headache remains near La Porte
- Plans for Astrodome's fate to be discussed
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90 13 min ago
- Authorities raid alleged stash house in SE Houston
- 8 hurt, some seriously, when car jumps curb in NYC 52 min ago
- Social services worker stole from clients in SE Texas 31 min ago
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Mentally disabled mother, child held captive in Ohio 58 min ago
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song 21 min ago
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue