Off-duty deputy, city worker hit by car at construction site in Clear Lake
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An off-duty deputy and a city worker are in the hospital after they were struck by a car at a construction site.
It happened around 1:45am on Bay Area Boulevard near Seawolf Drive in Clear Lake.
Police say the two were outside the deputy's truck, when a driver hit them. Both men were transported to the hospital. Their names have not been released.
Investigators say a second car plowed through barriers while police were investigating the first accident. Both drivers are being tested for possible intoxication.
clear lake, local
- One dead, several injured in bar shooting 17 min ago
- Van smashes into home in northwest Harris Co.
- Family affected by HPD homicide probe speaks out
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Rockets fall to Portland again, down 2-0 in series
- Authorities: Deadly wreck sparked by fleeing driver 10 min ago
- Job fair today only for veterans, spouses 7 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled 41 min ago
- Two people shot outside auto shop
- Man seeks to hide 'murder' tattoo before trial
- Cy-Fair ISD: Bible OK to bring for independent reading
- Fetal tissue used to power Oregon homes