Off-duty deputy, city worker hit by car at construction site in Clear Lake
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An off-duty deputy and a city worker are in the hospital after they were struck by a car at a construction site.
It happened around 1:45am on Bay Area Boulevard near Seawolf Drive in Clear Lake.
Police say the two were outside the deputy's truck, when a driver hit them. Both men were transported to the hospital. Their names have not been released.
Investigators say a second car plowed through barriers while police were investigating the first accident. Both drivers are being tested for possible intoxication.
clear lake, local
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston