Workers briefly evacuated after fire at Deer Park plant
DEER PARK, TX (KTRK) -- Workers at the Dow plant in Deer Park were briefly evacuated during a fire there today.
According to Dow, just after 11am, part of a scaffold caught fire. The fire was quickly put out.
While the fire was burning, about 30 workers who were nearby were evacuated to another part of the plant.
The all-clear was given a short time later and the workers returned.
According to Dow, there were no injuries and no impact to the public.
deer park, local
- Search in OK nears completion; tornado was EF5 9 min ago
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Kelli Pickler named Season 16 winner of 'Dancing' 9 min ago
- Watching line of storms to our north
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- Menil Picasso vandal sentenced to 2 years
- Houston women take on fight to end sex trafficking
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos