Workers briefly evacuated after fire at Deer Park plant
DEER PARK, TX (KTRK) -- Workers at the Dow plant in Deer Park were briefly evacuated during a fire there today.
According to Dow, just after 11am, part of a scaffold caught fire. The fire was quickly put out.
While the fire was burning, about 30 workers who were nearby were evacuated to another part of the plant.
The all-clear was given a short time later and the workers returned.
According to Dow, there were no injuries and no impact to the public.
deer park, local
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 2 min ago
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety 15 min ago
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Ice and snow frustrate US holiday travel rush
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?