Teen raped after meeting man in online dating site
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A girl says she was raped and threatened by a man she met on an online dating site.
The girl was 14 years old at the time of the assault in early May. She told police she met a man she knew as "Joel" on a dating site, and he called her cell phone and threatened and harassed her until she told him where she lives.
The girl said the man then picked her up and drove her behind a building where he pushed her into the backseat, threatened to kill her and raped her.
According to court documents, the girl told a friend, who encouraged her to tell the school counselor. A rape examination was performed at an area hospital.
Police tracked down German Francisco Orozco-Moncada through his cell phone number, and the victim identified him from a police lineup. Orozco-Moncada, 23, is charged with sexual assault of a child. Bail in the case has been set at $30,000.
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations 19 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished 22 min ago
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea says Kim's uncle removed from power 5 min ago
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record 57 min ago
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands 12 min ago
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Million Dog March protest held in Georgia
37 min ago