Katy man charged after fatal party accident
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driver is now facing charges after a car he was allegedly driving crashed through a fence and into a backyard during a Halloween party in west Harris County, killing a woman.
Investigators say the driver of a Chevrolet Camaro failed to stop at a three-way intersection on Old Greenhouse and Hatfield Glen on Sunday. The driver plowed through a wooden fence and into a group of people at the party.
Investigators say five people were struck, including Ana Sylvia Borjas, 38, who died at the scene. The other four victims suffered various injuries. Two of the victims were airlifted to Memorial Hermann Hospital. Another survivor was taken by ambulance, and one suffered only minor injuries.
Witnesses say the driver took off from the scene on foot. Shortly after the accident, the son of the car's owner reported the vehicle stolen. Upon questioning, authorities say he admitted he had loaned the car to his good friend, Johnathan Hudson.
Witnesses identified Hudson in police lineups. Hudson, 20, is charged with failure to stop and render aid.
- Rockets road to the Finals begins tonight 8 min ago
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident 12 min ago
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners 54 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians