Katy man charged after fatal party accident
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driver is now facing charges after a car he was allegedly driving crashed through a fence and into a backyard during a Halloween party in west Harris County, killing a woman.
Investigators say the driver of a Chevrolet Camaro failed to stop at a three-way intersection on Old Greenhouse and Hatfield Glen on Sunday. The driver plowed through a wooden fence and into a group of people at the party.
Investigators say five people were struck, including Ana Sylvia Borjas, 38, who died at the scene. The other four victims suffered various injuries. Two of the victims were airlifted to Memorial Hermann Hospital. Another survivor was taken by ambulance, and one suffered only minor injuries.
Witnesses say the driver took off from the scene on foot. Shortly after the accident, the son of the car's owner reported the vehicle stolen. Upon questioning, authorities say he admitted he had loaned the car to his good friend, Johnathan Hudson.
Witnesses identified Hudson in police lineups. Hudson, 20, is charged with failure to stop and render aid.
- Kubiak era ends in Houston 9 min ago
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- Personal info of 1,300 patients stolen, says Methodist Hospital 19 min ago
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired 19 min ago
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment 19 min ago
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported 19 min ago
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo 19 min ago
- Judge: Cake maker must serve gay couples 19 min ago