Driver slams pickup into Montgomery Co. post office
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, TX (KTRK) -- Police think a driver's medical condition caused him to ram his pickup into a post office in Montgomery County last night.
The accident happened around 7:30pm at the Dobbin post office. Eyewitnesses say a truck veered off State Highway 105 into a parking lot. The driver just missed some gas pumps before crossing the highway.
The truck went through a liquor store parking lot and hit a grassy median before crashing into the wall of the post office and driving through it.
"He has a history of hyperglycemia and he says he doesn't remember anything," said DPS Trooper Campbell. "I'm thinking he passed out."
The driver was taken to the hospital and is said to be stable.
A spokesperson for the USPS tells us the post office will remain closed for at least 24 hours due to the damage. Water and electricity was shut off at the building.
In the meantime, the postmaster is working out of the Plantersville Post Office and deliveries will continue as scheduled.
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 33 min ago
- Suspects pose as officers while breaking into home 1 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet 37 min ago
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91 36 min ago
- Oklahahoma not likely to erect satanic monument
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos