Shell monitoring release at Deer Park plant
DEER PARK, TX (KTRK) -- An emergency response team was called following a chemical release at the Shell plant in Deer Park early this morning.
According to Shell, it happened at around 5:15am. A storage tank was releasing hydrocarbons. Shell emergency responders arrived and were able to stabilize the tank.
No one was hurt and all workers were accounted for. Shell says they don't expect any offsite impact.
deer park, local
- weather: Rain falling across our area 49 min ago
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 29 min ago
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist killed in head-on wreck in northwest Houston
- Search continues for clues in women's murders