Shell monitoring release at Deer Park plant
DEER PARK, TX (KTRK) -- An emergency response team was called following a chemical release at the Shell plant in Deer Park early this morning.
According to Shell, it happened at around 5:15am. A storage tank was releasing hydrocarbons. Shell emergency responders arrived and were able to stabilize the tank.
No one was hurt and all workers were accounted for. Shell says they don't expect any offsite impact.
deer park, local
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Suspects posing as officers break into home
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos