Cat trapped beneath freeway rescued safely
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It wasn't a cat stuck in a tree, but experts spent Friday morning on an unusual rescue scene in downtown Houston.
Officials with the SPCA got out ladders, trying to coax a trapped cat out of a narrow space on the Pierce Elevated. The cat was stuck in a gap between beams in the 1400 block of Gray, near Austin. SPCA officials and deputies with the Harris County Precinct 1 Constable's Office were on the scene, and Houston firefighters were eventually called in to assist.
Officials didn't have much luck reaching the frightened feline until firefighters finally 'coaxed' it out with the help of a water hose.
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths 31 min ago
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options 25 min ago
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 55 min ago
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course 10 min ago
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
40 min ago