Coast Guard rescues pregnant woman from cruise ship
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- The U.S. Coast Guard has released a video of its rescue of a pregnant woman from a cruise ship.
It happened about 180 miles off the coast of Galveston yesterday. The Coast Guard says the woman began having problems late Friday night aboard the Disney Magic cruise liner.
The Coast Guard dispatched a helicopter from its air station in Houston, as well as a Guardian Jet from Corpus Christi. The woman was transported to UTMB in Galveston.
Her condition has not been released.
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush 36 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- Winter Weather advisory for several local counties
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston 20 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela 51 min ago
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Drivers stuck on icy I-35 as cold blast hits Texas
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats
- Schools add yoga program to empower kids
5 min ago