Woman accused of DWI with two kids in vehicle on Halloween night
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- A woman is accused of DWI while driving with two children in her vehicle on Halloween night.
Ashley Anne Holubec, 29, of Rosharon, is charged with DWI with a child under 15 years of age. According to Friendswood police, at around 9pm on October 31 an officer was dispatched to a hit-and-run accident in the 900 block of S. Friendswood Drive. Police say Holubec was behind the victim's vehicle at a red light when Holubec tried to move over to the left turn lane and hit the victim's rear bumper.
The victim made contact with Holubec and asked her to move into a parking lot so that they could exchange information, but Friendswood police say Holubec fled the scene.
The victim followed Holubec as she attempted to make several u-turns and continued to follow to follow her as she turned into a residential neighborhood, according to police. When she turned back onto S. Friendswood Drive, a police officer was there to stop her. As the officer approached the vehicle, he says he noticed that there were two child passengers.
Friendswood police say Holubec exhibited signs of intoxication, including being unsteady on her feet and having the smell of alcohol on her breath. They say Holubec failed a field sobriety test and agreed to provide a blood specimen.
Her husband was contacted to pick up the two children.
Holubec is charged with a felony and her bond is set at $10,000.
- Police investigating attempted smash-and-grab 24 min ago
- Photos: 7 big brands that are stuggling 29 min ago
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 18 kicks off tonight 33 min ago
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire 15 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded 13 min ago
- Keep grays at bay with root touch-up products
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop
- Fiat recalling more than 18,000 2014 Fiat 500Ls
- Cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
40 min ago
- Reviving Historic Fifth Ward
17 min ago