Missing 11-year-old boy found safe
KATY, TX (KTRK) -- The parents of the 11-year-old boy woke up before 6am to discover their son was missing from their home, but hours later, he was found safe.
The boy's parents contacted the sheriff's Office at 5:47am today to report that their 11-year-old son, Richard Redland, was not in his home when they awoke, and a short time later an Amber Alert was issued. The family lives in the 21300 block of Willow Glade Drive.
At about 11am, word came in that the boy was found safe. The sheriff's office says Richard was found a few miles away, thanks to a tip. A trash crew spotted the boy hiding behind a dumpster and flagged down deputies.
Deputies from the Harris County Precinct 5 Constable's Office also helped in the search.
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck