New lights for bridges over Southwest Freeway in Montrose area?
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Drivers along Highway 59 could soon have a nicer view when sitting in traffic at night.
The Montrose Management District is working with the city and Department of Transportation to pay for a new LED lighting system on the overpasses on the Southwest Freeway near Spur 527. When the freeway was reconstructed in 2006, it had a fiber optic lighting system, which has since gone out, and there was no money available to have it replaced.
The city is expected to review an application for a grant this week to possibly find funds for new lights.
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Video: Preparing for canonization of Popes John...
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians