Man walking near railroad tracks in Humble dies after being hit by part of passing train
HUMBLE, TX (KTRK) -- There was a tragedy on the tracks in Humble overnight. A man was hit and killed by something on a passing train.
It happened overnight on the tracks behind an apartment complex near Bender Avenue, which isn't far from the Eastex Freeway and Ownsen Drive.
Two men were walking along the tracks, and when the train rolled through, a part of the train hit one of the men in the head and killed him. The train never stopped.
Police don't believe the conductor knew what happened, but it's under investigation by Humble police and the Union Pacific Railroad police.
Police say the victim is a man in his 20s. His body was taken to the Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy.
The second man, also in his 20s, was not hurt.
humble, local, elissa rivas
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Electrical fire prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations 1 min ago
- No more ice, but cold weather continues
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Suspect in 3 deaths lets baby go, kills self
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns