Man walking near railroad tracks in Humble dies after being hit by part of passing train
HUMBLE, TX (KTRK) -- There was a tragedy on the tracks in Humble overnight. A man was hit and killed by something on a passing train.
It happened overnight on the tracks behind an apartment complex near Bender Avenue, which isn't far from the Eastex Freeway and Ownsen Drive.
Two men were walking along the tracks, and when the train rolled through, a part of the train hit one of the men in the head and killed him. The train never stopped.
Police don't believe the conductor knew what happened, but it's under investigation by Humble police and the Union Pacific Railroad police.
Police say the victim is a man in his 20s. His body was taken to the Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy.
The second man, also in his 20s, was not hurt.
humble, local, elissa rivas
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house 16 min ago
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Liberty Co. jailer accused of smuggling drugs to inmates 37 min ago
- Tax break weekend in Texas for Energy Star items
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- Texas rapper indicted, controlled substance count
- Galveston leaders to meet over Ike housing story
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Video: 'Captain American' car stolen from movie set 53 min ago
- Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
53 min ago
- Aftermath of 5.7-magnitude quake in...
53 min ago