University of Houston student fights off would-be robber at bus stop on campus
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A University of Houston student fought off a would-be robber while waiting at a campus bus stop last night.
It happened at the bus stop near the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center on University Drive around 8:30pm.
The student told police a man got out of a black pickup truck on the opposite side of the street and tried to take his iPhone.
The victim says he kicked the suspect, who then ran away and fled the scene in the black pickup.
The student was not hurt.
If you have information about the crime, call UH authorities at 713-743-3333. The suspect is described as a black male, about 5 feet 8 inches tall and 160 pounds. He had short hair and was wearing a white, short-sleeved T-shirt, black shorts and white shoes.
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged 33 min ago
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe? 15 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home 34 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies 8 min ago
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- Houston rodeo therapeutic experience for some
26 min ago