Man wanted in connection with triple shooting
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- Baytown police were searching Saturday night for a man they believe is connected to a shooting that left one person dead and two others injured.
The shooting happened around 5pm in the 1000 block of North Main Street near East Fayle.
According to police, a group of people was standing in front of a multi-family complex when someone walked up and started firing a handgun randomly into the crowd.
Officials tell us three men in their early 20s were hit. One was taken to an area hospital where he later died.
Two others were taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital. At last check, one was in critical condition and the other was stable.
Police believe this shooting was an act of retaliation over an aggravated assault at the same property Friday night when a man was assaulted with a baseball bat. That victim was in critical condition as of Saturday night.
Investigators identified Cameron LaQuincy Gold, 37, as a person of interest in the case. He is a black man who is 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighs around 245 pounds.
Police also want residents to be on the lookout for a beige 2000 Saturn with Texas licence plate NJK-928. The shooter fled the scene in the car, traveling south.
No additional details were immediately available. Anyone with information is urged to call police.
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston 17 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers