Man wanted in connection with triple shooting
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- Baytown police were searching Saturday night for a man they believe is connected to a shooting that left one person dead and two others injured.
The shooting happened around 5pm in the 1000 block of North Main Street near East Fayle.
According to police, a group of people was standing in front of a multi-family complex when someone walked up and started firing a handgun randomly into the crowd.
Officials tell us three men in their early 20s were hit. One was taken to an area hospital where he later died.
Two others were taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital. At last check, one was in critical condition and the other was stable.
Police believe this shooting was an act of retaliation over an aggravated assault at the same property Friday night when a man was assaulted with a baseball bat. That victim was in critical condition as of Saturday night.
Investigators identified Cameron LaQuincy Gold, 37, as a person of interest in the case. He is a black man who is 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighs around 245 pounds.
Police also want residents to be on the lookout for a beige 2000 Saturn with Texas licence plate NJK-928. The shooter fled the scene in the car, traveling south.
No additional details were immediately available. Anyone with information is urged to call police.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 200lb generator stolen from man's driveway 36 min ago
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak 38 min ago
- Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel named Heisman finalist
- Dad guilty of murder in daughter's death
- Toilet of the future changes how you ... sit
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Miley Cyrus is MTV's artist of the year