Police: Fatal shooting may have been accidental
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a shooting that killed a young man Sunday in southeast Houston may have been accidental.
Officers were called to a home on Reed near Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. They found a young man dead in a chair on the front porch.
Neighbors told investigators that someone was playing with a gun went it went off, and the shooting was an accident.
Police are still interviewing witnesses to find out what happened. No charges have been filed.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course