Man targeted with fake Facebook account by suspicious acquaintance
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A suspicious acquaintance and a fake Facebook account led to the arrest of a Webster man.
Daniel Riekstins, 26, is accused of online solicitation. Court records show a woman, who says she heard rumors about Riekstins targeting children, created a Facebook page in which she posed as a 15-year-old girl. The two began communicating and the woman contacted authorities.
A search warrant reportedly revealed explicit messages to the woman's fake account as well as attempts to solicit other juveniles.
facebook, webster, local
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home 38 min ago
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy 48 min ago
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo 20 min ago
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death
- Valuable artifacts stolen from historic home 16 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos