Brush fire burns for hours on Bolivar Peninsula
BOLIVAR PENINSULA, TX (KTRK) -- A brush fire burned for hours on the Bolivar Peninsula.
The Galveston County Sheriff's Office tells us the fire started around 8pm near Highway 87 and Biscayne Beach Road. Firefighters were on the scene all night and into the morning. They finally were able to extinguish the flames just after 6:30am.
There's no word on how large the fire was but at no point were any homes or structures threatened.
We are gathering more information and we will update you on Eyewitness News and abc13.com as additional details become available.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW 49 min ago
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'