University of Houston police lift shelter in place after investigation into report of possible armed suspect on campus
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The University of Houston lifted a shelter in place on campus after an investigation into a report of a possible armed suspect on campus.
Shortly after 10pm Wednesday, UH police say they received the report of the sighting at the Recreation and Wellness Center. Police provided no description of the suspect.
UH police had advised anyone on campus to shelter in place until further notice.
Then about 40 minutes later, evacuations of the rec center were completed and the building was cleared, according to UH police. There was no sign of danger.
The shelter in place was then lifted.
Still no word on what exactly prompted the report.
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death 20 min ago
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos 23 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- New cameras to help cops settle disputes
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- One dead, others injured in Baytown wreck 23 min ago
- Feds to reduce stimulus due to improving job market
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day