University of Houston police lift shelter in place after investigation into report of possible armed suspect on campus
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The University of Houston lifted a shelter in place on campus after an investigation into a report of a possible armed suspect on campus.
Shortly after 10pm Wednesday, UH police say they received the report of the sighting at the Recreation and Wellness Center. Police provided no description of the suspect.
UH police had advised anyone on campus to shelter in place until further notice.
Then about 40 minutes later, evacuations of the rec center were completed and the building was cleared, according to UH police. There was no sign of danger.
The shelter in place was then lifted.
Still no word on what exactly prompted the report.
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston 23 min ago
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Tornadoes strike Kansas, Oklahoma
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver 38 min ago
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong 27 min ago
- Police investigating 2 deaths in west Houston 40 min ago
- Local Marine killed in duty honored for bravery
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- Driver killed when SUV goes airborne
- Winner crowned at Gyro Eating Championship
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos