Elderly driver killed after vehicle struck by UPS truck
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A UPS truck has been involved in a deadly accident in northwest Harris County.
The accident happened at about 4pm on FM 529 near Eldridge. Deputies say the UPS truck was pulling out of a driveway on the south side of 529, then made a left to go westbound when the truck clipped a Nissan Murano headed west in the outside lane.
The Nissan rolled over. The 80-year-old victim was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The delivery truck suffered front end damage. The UPS driver was on the scene and appeared to be unhurt.
Deputies say so far no citation has been issued, but the UPS driver could be cited for making an unsafe lane change.
The scene has been cleared after the earlier closure of westbound lanes of FM 529 during the investigation.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home