Officer pinned by gate nearly hit by responding squad car
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A police car nearly crashed into an officer pinned by a gate in southwest Houston last night.
The officer was leaving an apartment complex on Bankside near Bob White after completing a call. The officer was reaching through a gate for a control box when the gate opened and crushed her arm.
She called for backup. When a second squad car arrived, the driver accidentally overcorrected.
"The first unit responding to back her up had an issue, jumped the curb and struck the gate," said Lt. J.A. Welborn with the Houston Police Department.
The squad car hit next to the pinned officer. Neither of the two officers in that car were hurt.
The pinned officer was taken to the hospital with a severe laceration to her arm.
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case 33 min ago
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths 28 min ago
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options 21 min ago
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez 34 min ago
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old 42 min ago
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop 52 min ago
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 23 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
8 min ago
- Taking Rodeo fun to the extreme
48 min ago