Officer pinned by gate nearly hit by responding squad car
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A police car nearly crashed into an officer pinned by a gate in southwest Houston last night.
The officer was leaving an apartment complex on Bankside near Bob White after completing a call. The officer was reaching through a gate for a control box when the gate opened and crushed her arm.
She called for backup. When a second squad car arrived, the driver accidentally overcorrected.
"The first unit responding to back her up had an issue, jumped the curb and struck the gate," said Lt. J.A. Welborn with the Houston Police Department.
The squad car hit next to the pinned officer. Neither of the two officers in that car were hurt.
The pinned officer was taken to the hospital with a severe laceration to her arm.
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far?
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Consumer Reports lists best, worst airlines
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- 'Nashville' show putting spotlight on Music City
- 2017 Super Bowl means transformations for downtown
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time?
- Meet Houston Symphony's newest music director
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- 1 child dead, 1 missing in Minn. park landslide
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone