Man accused of beating pastor, great aunt with sledgehammer due in court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man charged with capital murder in the beating deaths of his great-grandfather and great-aunt is due back in court today.
According to court documents, 20-year-old Cameron Dorsey used a sledgehammer to beat 89-year-old Pastor Clements Dorsey and his sister to death. Their bodies were found after a fire was reported at the home.
Dorsey was arrested last weekend and investigators say he confessed to the murders.
Funeral services for the late Pastor Dorsey are set for tomorrow at his congregation, the Holman Street Baptist Church on Holman Street. A memorial service was held at 9am followed by the funeral at 11am.
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant