Man accused of beating pastor, great aunt with sledgehammer due in court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man charged with capital murder in the beating deaths of his great-grandfather and great-aunt is due back in court today.
According to court documents, 20-year-old Cameron Dorsey used a sledgehammer to beat 89-year-old Pastor Clements Dorsey and his sister to death. Their bodies were found after a fire was reported at the home.
Dorsey was arrested last weekend and investigators say he confessed to the murders.
Funeral services for the late Pastor Dorsey are set for tomorrow at his congregation, the Holman Street Baptist Church on Holman Street. A memorial service was held at 9am followed by the funeral at 11am.
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold 40 min ago
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston 29 min ago
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child 54 min ago
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known 38 min ago
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 16 min ago
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas 35 min ago
- 800 firefighters battle late fall fire in Big Sur
- Feds: Harvard bomb threat was hoax to avoid final
- DA tries again to put 'affluenza' teen behind bars
- Tougher new rules for game rooms
- Travis Herzog's Wednesday weather forecast
12 min ago